Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentines Day Childrens Photos

One of my favorite parts of being a photographer is doing themed photos.  I just love to do photos with a special theme.  The large number of holidays throughout the year helps to keep a steady amount of work for the studio.  For Valentines Day photos this year I thought I would try to do something that would work good for girls or boys .  My backdrop is a mix of pink, red, and white hearts.  I also tried to get a large number of props for these. I have a small mailbox with valentines day cards.  I also have some sparkly hearts that I sprinkled around on the floor. I use the hearts in a few photos then take them out for the remaining few photos.  What I have learned is the props with glitter can be very aggrevating. The glitter get all over the kids and is very hard to sweep up in between other sessions.  For future sessions I will not be buying any props with glitter. 

For seating I purchased a cheap chair at an antique store.  I painted it pink and then placed a piece of pink fur over the seat.  I also purchased a red rocking chair for the boys. I had another white stool that I used in the older kids.  

By having a large number of props the sessions went quick. We could rotate out photography props throughout the 30 minute session.  Having a good number of props helped to keep the kids attentions for some wonderful pictures.  It also gave the parents a number of different poses to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment