Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How to make your clients feel comfortable when shooting boudoir photos.

With Valentines Day just around the corner. I have been booking an increased number of boudoir photo sessions.  I just had a client drive an hour and a half to my studio in Vienna, WV. Women are very eager to do a private photo shoot for their husbands or significant others for the holiday.  Many women are afraid to take the initial steps to book the the appointment.  I assure all my clients that photos will be kept personal and private.  I also go over all of items that they should bring.

It is very important to do a few things to make your client feel completely comfortable before, during, and after their session.  I like to start by forming a good relationship with my client before the shoot. A phone conversation and several messages back and forth about the shoot will help easy any anxiety for you and the client. I like to go ahead and set and expectation with the client how the shoot will go.  I also give them a timeline of the process and what to expect at their photo session.  During the photo shoot I kept telling my client how wonderful they are doing repeatedly throughout the session.  This helps to build up confidence and make them feel more at ease.  I also keep music playing during the full session.


When we were done I was pleased that the client was so excited to see her pics.  She commented that she had a great time and was even talking about booking future sessions.  By putting in a little bit of time with her I was able to make her feel comfortable.  It's very important to have fun when doing these sessions. It just helps to lighten the mood and calm every ones nerves.  After our successful shoot I gained a new client and definitely some future business.


www.facebook.com/amandabuckleyimaging

No comments:

Post a Comment