Friday, June 3, 2016

What to wear to your family photo session.

I recently photographed the Davis family and she had the best idea for a red, white, and blue themed session.  I love how all of the outfits in this session were similar.  They were not alike but all outfits coordinated very well together. The backdrop was a simple dark blue canvas style backdrop.  Adding a pattern also can work very well in photos.  If there are 4 people in the photo it is a good idea not to dress everyone in a pattern. Be selective and only put one person in a pattern. 


When picking colors it is never a good idea to try and put everyone in the same color. I like a variety of colors in the photos.  Different colors that go well together work great in a photo.  Sometimes when you try and put 4 different light blues together they may photograph differently.  So it is better to avoid that all together and just go with coordinating colors.  


As a family  photographer in Parkersburg, WV I always try to give my clients outfits advice ahead of time.  I try to speak with them before a session and make sure their clothing matches with my backdrops.  I also will have them text me a photo of their clothing.   This way I can try and advise them on the best options to bring and wear for their photos.  It is always a good idea to help clients with what to wear.  For little children it is also a good idea to not wear a dress. Little children can move around allot and a dress can be very hard to work with in photos for young children.  If they do want their child in a dress for photos, I would advise them to wear some type of bloomer or short underneath.  This will make photographing little children much easier.  Here is a sample of the studio photos we did with the Davis Family.
www.amandabuckleyimaging.com









No comments:

Post a Comment