Friday, June 3, 2016

How to photograph a great Red, White, and Blue Mini photo session.

To start offering mini sessions, it is important start with a wonderful set. I have attached a link for my video on my setup for the Red, white, and Blue mini sessions.  I am offering these June 11th and 18th.  I started with a simple blue backdrop. I chose a backdrop also that was a medium to dark tone of blue.  I purchased a set of paper fans from a local discount store and added those to the backdrop.  I hung the fans from the backdrop stand  with clear fishing wire. It can still be seen when photographing.  The fishing line can easily be cloned out in Photoshop.  


I paired the backdrop with a dark wood roll out floor. I like the darker color with the red white and blue.  I also spray painted a chair red that I picked up at a local resale store for 8.00 .  I had a few other props around that matched a red rocking chair for kids, and a white children chair.  I shopped at a local dollar store and picked up a bag full of props.  I purchased some fun items that the kids could play with and do fun photos with if they did a good job with their pictures. 


These mini session are great for the 4th of July. They really show the patriotic side.  Most local dollar stores will have sessional items around the time of holidays.  You can pick up props that are themed very cheap.  With working with kids they tend to destroy items quickly so I do not like to spend allot of money of them. Check out the video below for a sample of my set up and props.  Here are some sample photos of the finished products . www.amandabuckleyimaging.com


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr6pnJQUTvFdPrYzB8RmvZg






No comments:

Post a Comment