Friday, April 8, 2016

The perfect mommy and me photo session.

The With Mother's Day quickly approaching mommy and me photo shoots are very popular. What a wonderful way to create a lasting moment between a mother and her children. I often offer these sessions for girls and boys. For these I think it is important to have some type of props to engage the mother and child. For girls I purchased this gorgeous tea sets. It's China but small and children sized. I opted to go for the real deal instead of plastic because it looks so much nicer in a photo. For boys I have a few children's books that are large enough when photographed can be easily seen. 
 
I love the idea also of incorporating something to sit on. I found this gorgeous bench that matches the set well.   I did standing , seated on the floor and settee for posing options. If the child has been taller they could have also leaned over the back of the settee.  

For the editing I tried to give these more a vintage feel. I wanted them to be light in color and soft. Do I did a soft lense focus of 2.8 to keep them very soft. I even went on photo shop and added more lense blur. I also instructed the mother and daughter to wear coordinating colors for there photo shoot. This will make a huge difference in the final outcome of your session. 

I have also recent offered a photo locket to purchase. These have an antique feel and a 2x2 inch photo locker on them.  They are around 28. The price is good and product is beautiful. 

These photos have been very popular. It's a wonderful chance to capture children and their mother at young age. Something That they will treasure as a lasting memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment